Rear Wheel Cylinder Disassembly/Inspection
Rear Wheel Cylinder Disassembly/InspectionNOTE:
- Do not spill brake fluid on the vehicle; it may damage the paint; if brake fluid does contact the paint, wash it off immediately with water.
- To prevent dripping, cover disconnected hose joints with rags or shop towels.
- Clean all parts in brake fluid and air dry; blow out all passages with compressed air.
- Before reassembling, check that all parts are free of dust and other foreign particles.
- Replace parts with new ones whenever specified to do so.
- Make sure no dirt or other foreign matter is allowed to contaminate the brake fluid.
- Do not reuse the drained brake fluid.
- Use only clean Genuine DOT 3 Honda brake fluid. Non- Honda brake fluid can cause corrosion and shorten the life of the system.
- Do not mix different brands of brake fluid as they may not be compatible.
- Coat the piston, piston cup, and wheel cylinder bore with clean brake fluid.
- Make sure no grease or oil gets on the linings or drums.
- Replace all rubber parts with new ones whenever disassembled.
- Cylinder I.D. 15.87 mm (0.625 in) type (KQ, KU and KT models); Do not replace only a single unit of the piston cup by removing it from piston. Replace as the piston assembly.