|Side airbag cut off indicator stays on after bulb check |
- Make sure nothing is on the front passenger's seat.
- Make sure the front passenger's seat isn't wet. If the seat is wet, start the engine, and turn on the air conditioning system for 30 minutes to dry any moisture from the seat.
- If the side airbag cutoff indicator stays on after the ignition switch is turned ON (II), initialize the OPDS unit.
- If the side airbag cutoff indicator operates normally, the system is OK.
- If the side airbag cutoff indicator stays on, replace the OPDS sensor (see section 20). The sensor is part of the seatback pad.